Starring...

Batch '09
Raffles Girls' School Symphonic Band

[Fluboes] Keyun.4dec ~ Talia.20sept ~ Yingjun.1apr

[Clarinets] Jessica.30may ~ Julia.30july ~ Rebecca.23may ~ Siti.26sept

[Saxes & Lower Woodwinds] Gloria.12feb ~ Pearlyn.14nov ~ Yujia.24jan

[French Horns] Dorothy.24jan ~ Jolyn.2june ~ Yun Shu

[Trumpets] Delia.15nov ~ Eeiyn.18may

[Euphoniums] Alicia. 6oct ~ Samantha Lee.20sept

[Trombones] Xinyi.5aug

[Basses] Emily.30mar ~ Kangjie.11nov ~ Peixin.21july

[Percussion] Samantha Seah.21oct




Tagboard



Links

Alicia
Delia
Dorothy
Eeiyn
Jessica
Jolyn
Julia
Kangjie
Keyun
Pearlyn
Peixin
Rebecca
Sam Lee
Sam Seah
Siti
Talia
Xinyi
Yujia
Yunshu

Saxes&LowerWWs'09
RIMB '09
RIMB '11

Archives

September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009

Extras

I <33 RGSSB

Thanks for getting us this far...
<3 Seniors, especially our direct seniors
<3 Fellow Batchmates!
~Mr Takehiro Oura
~Mr Francis Tan
~Mr Wilson Ong

Credits

designer
images
brushes: 1 2
Friday, November 10, 2006


Batch chalet!

Batch chalet was fun! We squashed into 2 rooms and even though we exceeded the 4ppl/room limit. We also got 16 escape theme park tickets! Only supposed to get 8 (4/room) but they accidentally gave keyun twice. Keyun didn't wanna return it :@ Anyway when I took it to return then the lady was like (softly) oh nvm just keep it its already registered :P See! honesty is the BEST policy =)

Batch chalet was fun! the first day, we went cycling b'cos etp is only opened on weekends (we found out). The guy was so grumpy at the bike rental. But we were blessed b'cos we rented the last of the bikes, those who came a few secs after us didn't get bikes. I tried a double bike for the first time, I was in front sam seah at the back. for some reason she couldn't sit in front so I did =P She was pedalling super fast, and our brakes were extremely lousy! They barely worked! So there we were, she pedalling as fast as possible and me squeezing the brakes til my hands nearly died. what a pair :P She didn't notice how fast we were going b'cos she was behind and blocked by me. heehee. Then we had a picnic! But it had started to dristle a bit so we had it outside our chalet. It was fun, we had sandwiches :P only 'becca, me and jess were talking together. the rest were watching tv inside -.- how sociable!!! Jess didn't want to take photos :@ Slowly some ppl came out and we started taking silly photos xD Then we went off to play monkey in some nearby grass patch. On the way, rebecca kicked the ball and er, it flew up two storeys and JUST missed the window of the next door chalet! we nearly screamed =) Later she kicked the ball when we were playing... it rolled under a van :P poor ball! She was climbing under the van (i wish I took a photo!) when the van driver, who was sitting nearby and chatting on the phone, yelled, "What are you doing under MY VAN!!!" we all burst out laughing. It was SO FUNNY! =) We went back and played a bit. then we went to sleep... our chalets were joined by a door inside. BUT jolyn went to call me at like 11+ pm to say hello. sheesh! =) me and pearlyn stayed up til 1am (pearlyn til like 2am) b'cos we couldn't sleep! We were jsut talking and tlaking and talking.

The next day though all of us were so groggy! =) We woke up at like 5.30 (thanks to sam seah). me and pearlyn stayed in bed til 6 though :P We ate.... *drumroll* bread and margerine. heehee. I ate 2 slices but most others ate 1. Then at 7 we went to the lobby to meet the bus driver (we chartered a bus). He was 20 mins late :@ but traffic was smooth so we reached school at like 7.50am for band. (we HAD to have band during batch chalet. gah.) We had main band, then footdrills. Footdrills was tiring esp locking arms thing. I lost my voice DURING batch chalet. So sad, all that could come out of me was a croak or a whisper! =) It was super-infuriating. Some of our seniors kindly bought lunch for us b'cos we only had 1/2 an hour left. That night our room slept at like 10 to 11pm amazingly. (The other room had the TV on until 12 :P) The next day we awoke at 7am so yeah, we were quite rested.

Next morning: Guess what we ate! *drumroll* Bread and margerine again! =) EXCEPT me, jess, yj and dorothy who were farsighted like tantaizong and bought fish and chips (which were cold by then) :P I think they learnt from experience though and ate 2 slices instead :P We were 10 mins late for the bus this time b'cos we had to clean up and check out etc. As we reached school, guess who we saw! None other than MR TAN! We all burst out laughing and laughing :) Anyway we had rb (I rmbr how FUN it is!) Despite it being comparatively easy, I enjoyed it. AFter that was footdrills. It wa super funny! B'cos I felt like laughing at every single thing. When I did burst out laughing I kept saying "sorry I made a mistake" and promptly a whole wave of laughter and "sorry I made a mistake" followed me :P IT WAS SO FUNNY! =D The commanders would yell "no laughing in squad" but they'd say that WHILE laughing. heheh. Then gloria closed her eyes (to stop laughing I presume) then they were "no closing your eyes in squad" and of course, we all burst out laughign again xD footdrills is funny!!!

haha ok anyway, I just posted to keep the blog (posting section at least:P) alive. Our tagboard is very :)

<3 Talia

p.s. can you guys try thinking of more stuff to say for the speech! =)
p.p.s. proposed 'script' is in your inboxes! =)
p.p.p.s. can those who took pics of batch chalet pls send me! =) Even those ugly ugly ones... thanks! =)


the melody of the band;
4:52 PM


<body>